HOGRI ensures brilliant results for your products. We have decades of experience and extensive expert knowledge in the finishing of metal surfaces by electroplating. For example, we plate decorative visible parts for high-quality timepieces, musical instruments, hotel furnishings and medical technology with nickel, silver or gold. In addition, technical components are plated with high-quality coatings, for example for medical technology. We carry out necessary pretreatments for electroplating, such as grinding, polishing and cleaning in our factory. In addition, we provide chrome-plated, electroplated or anodized workpieces through close collaboration with competent partner companies.
The refinement of metal workpieces at HOGRI ensures careful handling of your workpieces. For example, we electroplate visible parts exclusively on frames. Thanks to 100% control, you can rely on perfectly finished metal workpieces for your applications
- Top quality: Do you have demanding requirements for the finishing of your workpiece surfaces? We nickel-plate, silver-plate and gold-plate your products with the quality requirements you want.
- Customized service: You don’t want to worry about anything when electroplating your products? No problem! Regardless of whether prototypes, individual parts, small series or large production lots, we take care of the smooth execution of your order from A to Z: from pretreatment to suitable electroplating processes and all the way to on-time delivery.
- Improved performance: We support you to be successful thanks to economical production, with consistent, highest quality in surface finishing.
- Many years of experience: Rely on more than 100 years of experience and extensive expertise in electroplating. We convert your requirements precisely into perfect surface refinement.
Nickel Electroplating High-quality metal finishing for decorative visible parts
Nickel plating is one of the most widely used processes in electroplating. Nickel has a relatively high hardness and wear resistance. Thanks to its special properties, nickel serves as an optimal coating metal for many applications. To protect your workpieces, we carry out the finishing by nickel electroplating on frames. Thanks to the appropriate pretreatment by polishing or brushing, we achieve an enormous degree of gloss in our nickel-plating bath.
The mechanical nature of the base material determines the corrosion resistance of nickel-plated products. We mainly use nickel electroplating on visually attractive, high-gloss surfaces, for example for decorative parts of the timepiece industry and musical instruments. In addition, well-known manufacturers of medical technology are among our customers.
We nickel-plate surfaces of the following materials:
Nickel electroplating – an overview of the processes
In principle, nickel electroplating operates on the same basic principle as all processes of electroplating technology. A workpiece is immersed in a nickel electrolyte. Electrical current is applied. A nickel layer is deposited on the product surface.
- Gloss nickel-plating: We add special gloss additives to the electrolyte here. Small irregularities are leveled on the surface. Glossy nickel surfaces are more brittle than matt nickel coatings.
- Semi-gloss nickel plating: Only some of the luster additives are added to the electrolyte here. We do not use this process for decorative purposes, but exclusively for higher corrosion protection.